CEO Erik Lundström named Data Center Evangelist of the Year
Dec 11th, 2015 News
Erik Lundström, CEO at The Node Pole, was on Thursday 10th December named Data Center Evangelist of the Year at DatacenterDynamics EMEA Awards 2015 in London.
The award recognises a company or individual who in the view of the judges has done the most over the past 12 months to build the profile of the data center industry to key stakeholder groups whether they be investors, shareholders, financiers, owners, operators, the media and/or government. In each Awards region the judging panel comes together to nominate worthy candidates and decide upon the recipient. No external nominations are accepted.
– This is nothing but a collective effort that I have the honor to receive the award for. Together with our partner municipalities of Boden, Luleå, Piteå and Älvsbyn in northern Sweden, with great help from both The Swedish Trade & Invest Council Business Sweden and not least the Swedish Government, we in The Node Pole found a recipe together to demonstrate both how we assume future challenges and the great opportunities throughout Sweden and The Node Pole sits on. I am very pleased and honored on behalf of us today.
The Award is in recognition of
- his background in Utilities and how this expertise in using energy in clever and sustainable ways is vital to data center innovation and growth
- this was shown with his support to Facebook in building the Lulea facility – One of the breakthrough data center projects of recent times.
- his work generally in promoting your region as a data center destination, and in encouraging the improvements to infrastructure and connectivity to the network
- his lobbying of local and national governance to ensure the best circumstances for data center operational – including work on tax incentives for sustainable energy use.
Datacenter Dynamics White Space